Saturday, August 17, 2013

Are you a cool cat or scaredy cat?? And BIG news!

You may have seen my newest pack if you are a facebook follower or pinterest follower.  I wanted some kind of packet to use with my firsties at the beginning of the year, that went along with Pete the Cat and also Splat the Cat!  I love them both, and so do my kids every year!  I went through the books I had, but will also add more in the future to this packet as well!

The best part of this packet for me is that it's not a once and done unit.  Since Splat has a lot of seasonal books, those can be used throughout the year.  BUT he definitely needs to be read at the beginning of the year.  I always talk to my kids about being nervous for school like Splat, or ready to go and "cool for school" like Pete!  :)

These are a sample of what my son did at home, since I still have 2 weeks left of my summer.


 {Of course his favorite color was red... so there wasn't a "new" shoe color in this picture...  I'm sure my more overachiever kiddos will go nuts and make rainbow shoes or shoes with dots...  You gotta give him credit though.  He made those during the commercial of the new Phineas and Ferb!  There's not much better in a 7 year old boy's life when it's Phineas and Ferb AND Marvel Superheroes!  STOP.THE.WORLD!} 


{Close up of the buttons---He cut out small circles and glued them onto thin strips of paper that was folded accordion style to make it look like they were "popping" off!}

 I do not have a page for the Wheels on the Bus.  Since it's not a "new" story, I didn't think it really "fit," but if I hear otherwise from you, I can certainly add it.  I plan on adding more when the new magic sunglasses one comes out!)

Before I go, I wanted to announce that I'll be participating in the BIG, HUMONGOUS, SPECTACULAR Teachers Pay Teachers Back to School Sale!!!!!  My entire store will be 20% off.  Enter in the code BTS13 and you will get another 10% off!  (Grand total is actually 28% off due to some technicalities and math) ;)

{Button created by Ink and Little Things!  SO cute!}

Last, I just wanted to thank you all for being supportive of me!  Because of you, I strive to make sure everything I share is worth it!  (Of course, I have some bumps along the way, like a normal person)   But you have been sticking with me through it all!! :)  I'm super excited to be getting my new school year started so I can share with you some of my ideas.  I got so many that I'm already not sleeping, and the school year is 2 weeks away!!!  (3 weeks till I have kids!)  YIKES!

I have a TON of things in my wishlist on TPT.  I'm off to try to prioritize it!  Who knows if that will actually happen!  There's so many good things out there!  Can't wait to share with you what I snagged!



No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...