Friday, September 14, 2012

Hello out there?!?!

Wow!  I totally have lost track of time.  Guess the beginning of the year does that to you.  We've been busy, busy, busy...  testing, testing, testing, no less, but it's OVER!  Now the fun begins for us as we start to switch our kiddos.

I have 22 lovely littles in my class this year that are just FULL of energy and personality!  Ha!  :)  Really, they are great, but by Friday, I'm spent!  whew!  I'm ready for the routines to kick in and have some "quiet" time in the room.  ;)

Here's some pics from our last 8 days of school!


Cut and paste activity for what a Good Learner looks like.  {It's part of my Back to School Bonanza packet on TPT}


Find someone who....  They LOVED this!  {also part of my Back to School Packet}

Finished page!  HOW adorable!  We completed 4 pages and I am putting it together as a book for them to have.

This week we did a fun activity getting to use Venn Diagrams.  We read Chrysanthemum by Kevin Henkes and talked about our  names.  We usually graph the letters in our names and talk about why we like our names.  Then we compared our names to each other and completed a Venn Diagram!


First, cut out the names.  I had them typed up in boxes so that all they needed to do was cut it out.

Then they spelled their names on their desks.


Then they found the letters they had in common and placed them in the middle of the diagram.  I had them pile the same letters on top of each other to keep them from having a million a's or i's in the middle.  It also helped them find those common letters.

 (I did allow them to have double or triple letters on the outside of the circle if they would like.)  



Click on the picture below to grab yourself a copy of this activity to use in your room!  You'll need powerpoint to change the letters in the boxes.  I used Hello Literacy's Hello Font, Hello Ali  (free and adorable!!!)  I enlarged the Venn Diagram part to 11X17 (I think that's the size on the copier)


Have a great weekend friends!  I'll be back soon with an adorOWLble Owl Glyph that we did today!  I need to get them up on a bulletin board and take a picture to share!



2 comments :

  1. I love those little drawings of "Find Someone Who..." darling. I found out the other day that none of my students are 7 yet...and won't be until the last week of October! Young kiddos!

    Brenda
    You Might Be a First Grader...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Those are some young ones! I only had 3 that were 7. I had my other page ready and copied that had the 6 instead of 7 because I was worried I wouldn't have any---and hadn't had time to go through my list and check for 7 year olds! Hope you are having a great start to the year! =)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...