Monday, May 14, 2012

Random and a Freebie for Reading

I was dragging today.  I'm not going to lie!  :)  I stayed up late watching the series finale of Desperate Housewives----so sad my Sunday night show is gone..  :(  The weather was less than perfect today--and just made me wish that I was home in bed.  Indoor recess, on a week that I don't have duty...  Kids who think it's June 11th already.  2 hyper kids at home-stuck inside.

I was looking at the calendar today and I started to panic a little.  While I'm excited for summer, there's so much to do and it's coming to an end quickly!  We group at our school, and I only have till June 1st to get everything done before our last week of school fun, where we will be keeping our homerooms!  I still have to get my Making {Common Core} Waves math games out!!!!  Hit the breaks!!! 


I've been working on recording sheets that are pretty generic that can be used with any book, etc.  Today I have another flip book, because my kiddos are just loving them!  This time it is for story elements.  There's space to write and draw.  Click on the picture to grab your copy!  I like to have things like this handy for when I'm out suddenly, so I don't have to panic so much about having extremely detailed plans.  As with the other flip books I have made, make sure to double side copy EXACTLY how it comes out of the printer! :)



I hope everyone is having a great ending to their year.  I have a heavy heart with all the cuts and teachers moving jobs around me (not in my district yet).  My one BFF's district is really hurting--cutting drastically!  Teachers with over 10+ years of experience........  KINDERGARTEN!   It's times like this that is making me feel grateful for what is happening in the blogging and internet world.  We are all posting and/or reading and finding ways to help our kiddos-and saving money and time, to some degree.  We are being inspired by each other and in some instances taking minds off the economy and shaky educational system.  I hope that things start to turn around soon------not only for the teachers but for the sake of the KIDS and our FUTURE!!!

3 comments :

  1. Love your unit. I agree. I absolutely love my bloggy friends and this journey of blogging!!

    Jessica Stanford
    Mrsstanfordsclass.blogspot.com

    PS I'm having my first linky party and would love for you to join ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the reading freebie. One thing I'm lacking is reading response forms for any book. I am following your blog now. Stop by my blog sometime:)
    Storie
    Stories by Storie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this reading freebie! I used it on one of our last days of school to review lots of topics at once, but let kids choose the book. Thank you so much for sharing it! :)

      Jenny
      Luckeyfrog's Lilypad

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...